Do you love your children? How much do you love them? Your answers don’t matter but your actions do. Divorce brings out ugliness more often than not but ugly should never involve the children. Whatever your mistakes are, don’t allow them to include hurting your children.
Children of divorce need and want parents who
- Don’t badmouth the other parent
- Don’t alienate them from the other parent
- Act maturely and without vindictiveness toward the other parent
- Grow up and act appropriately in the other parent’s presence
- Don’t keep them from seeing the other parent
Even if you don’t agree with me, trust me because what I am stating is true. If you undermine your children’s relationships with your ex-spouse, your relationships with them will be damaged. I have seen this happen over and over again.